The quilts were made by members of the guild to reflect various aspects of the reinactment 1998 voyage of circumnavigation of Tasmania.
Notice that several quilters have incorporated the view through the ships spy-glass.
The quilts were displayed around Australia before finally being displayed at the Bass and Flinders Centre in George Town , Tasmania
The Tamar Class Dinghy "Melanie" was restored and prepared for static display by the Tamar Yacht Club.
Many sponsors assisted with the restoration.
The Kenneth Dickenson was built at the Cockatoo Navel Dockyards in Sydney during 1929 as a Navel boat, commonly called a Gig or Cutter. The boat did not have a name prior to the 1st Tamar Sea Scouts purchase in 1963: however she was named in honour of the founder of Sea Scouts in Northern Tasmania Kennith Dickinson.
Page 1 of 2